Venue Administration Officer
Closes: 21 Apr
- Opportunity to join high performing, agile and creative team closely connected with the Mosman community
- Part-time position, 2 days per week (Fridays and Saturdays)
- TPR from $23,715 to $30,642 pa for 14 hours per week inclusive of super
Mosman Council is committed to its community, innovation, the environment and making a difference at the local level. The recruitment and selection of talented staff committed to giving back to the community is a high priority for us, as we know our reputation relies on it.
Our employees enjoy many great benefits, including public transport travel subsidy program, tertiary study assistance, health and well-being initiatives and annual Award increases and performance reviews.
We offer a professional and flexible working environment and take pride in having a supportive and progressive workplace culture. We have been formally recognised as an exceptional place to work, winning the Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2019.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an enthusiastic part-time Venue Administration Officer to join our Cultural Services Team at Mosman Art Gallery.
Reporting to the Venue Coordinator, you will be responsible for all day-to-day front-of-house duties for Mosman Art Gallery and Community Centre. In this role, you will handle visitor enquiries, carry out administrative tasks, conduct retail operations and set up venue areas for events.
This is a part-time role, 14 hours per week working on Fridays and Saturdays with some evening and weekend work.
Your excellent communication and retail skills, ability to set up and pack up venue areas for events and willingness to work collaboratively with the public and all levels of Council staff will ensure your success in the role.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Comprehensive experience working in a venue centre in the front-of-house role
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and customer relations skill
- High level of computer skills and the ability to use Windows applications
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
- Current class C driver’s license
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you need to complete your application in one sitting, as you cannot save it and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position, including proof of entitlement to work and 100 point identification. Click here for a list of acceptable proof of identity documents.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Yolande Pierce, Venue Coordinator on 9978 4016 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11:30pm, 21 April 2021
Mosman Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.