Closes: 31 Jan
- Your continued development is our priority
- Lease-back vehicle
- 35hrs per week
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative Council seeking to make a positive difference in the community you support? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced and suitably qualified Town Planner to join our team on a full-time basis.
Located on the lower North Shore, our leafy suburb has a vibrant and diverse village atmosphere. We aim to provide "best value" community services and facilities whilst promoting the principles of ecologically sustainable development. If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community, we want to hear from you.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager - Development Assessment, you will be responsible for undertaking the development assessment and regulatory functions set down in the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act and Council's Codes and Policies in an efficient and effective manner.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Planning, Town Planning or related field OR equivalent qualifications combined with experience;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- A current C Class Driver's Licence.
What we offer
Our offices are located close to shops, cafes, an aquatic centre and a gym. You will also enjoy:
- Flexible work practices aimed at achieving work/life balance
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Annual performance bonuses and salary review
- Varied lifestyle benefits programs including an employee wellness program and discounted gym memberships
Salary range - From $1,704.40 to $1,874.90 per week + superannuation, (dependent on the skills, qualifications and relevant experience of the suitable candidate).
Please read the Position Description for the role and address the selection criteria in your online application.
Applications close Sunday 30 January 2022 at 10pm
To apply for this job go to: https://lanecove.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5796479
Lane Cove Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke free workplace.
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised. As part of our pre-employment process, preferred candidates are required to provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination status.