Team Member Recreational Services
Closes: 23 Apr
About Narromine Shire Council
Narromine Shire is located in the heart of the Macquarie Irrigation Valley, only 20 minutes to the rapidly growing regional centre of Dubbo. It is a rich agricultural area with moderate climate and boasts excellent medical and educational facilities. It also offers a wide range of sporting and recreational facilities, and is experiencing considerable growth in both business and industry. Our mission is to enhance our Shire's image, lifestyle and environment through effective leadership, community involvement and commitment to serve.
About the position
Narromine Shire Council are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced applicant for the position of Team Member Recreational Services.
The objective of the position will be to assist various teams to carry out operations within Narromine Shire Council.
The role includes contributing to the maintenance, management and servicing of all areas of Council's facilities including but not limited to parks, gardens, sporting fields, streetscapes and town maintenance, ensuring the health, safety and amenity of the community and environment is maintained.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Class ‘MR’ Drivers Licence.
- Work Zone Traffic Control - Traffic Controller
- Work Zone Traffic Control - Implement Traffic Control Guidance Plans
- Construction Induction White Card.
- Good level of communication skills both oral and written
- Basic computer skills
- Chainsaw Operation Safety Certificate
- ChemCert Certificate
The details relating to this position are:
- The position is graded 4 within Council's salary structure
- The salary range is from $938.00 to $1061.14 per 38 hour week. The salary step is determined by an annual competency assessment.
- Narromine Shire Council will pay a further 9.5% superannuation to your super fund
- 38 hour working week applies. NSC has a RDO system whereby every second Monday is a rostered day off.
- Employment conditions are as per the Local Government (State) Award
- Narromine Shire Council promotes the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment
- Narromine Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and promotes diversity and inclusion across our shire. People with a disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
Please click here to view the full Position Description
Should you be shortlisted for interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening process as part of the selection process:
- A functional assessment (at Council's expense) including hearing and drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks from your 2 work related referees
- Any other additional screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualification
As part of the recruitment process, Narromine Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file and only accessed by members of the Recruitment Selection Panel.
Contact and notes
Enquiries: Human Resources Aimee Hunt on (02) 6889 9999.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND BE PREPARED WITH YOUR RESUME READY TO UPLOAD WHEN YOU COMMENCE THE PROCESS.
Applications close Friday 23 April 2021 at 5pm.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application.