Closes: 09 Dec
Division: Transport & Assets
Business Unit: Transport & Civil Infrastructure
Title: Sustainability Intern, Trainee (upto 6 months) - Full-time Role, 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $22143.24 to $56522.16 per annum on rata basis + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Reporting to the Manager Community Transport, parking & Fleet, the role of the Sustainability Internship is to assist create a road map and plan to efficiently and sustainably transition Council’s plant and fleet to electric and emerging technologies.
This study must include:
- Current state of Council’s fleet, plant and infrastructure
- Current state of renewal program with asset’s current purchase, re-sale costs and life span
- Comprehensive understanding of business unit requirements and how current assets are utilised
- Investigation of what is currently available on the market, emerging trends and impacts of transitioning to these
- Potential replacement assets and roadmap
- Charging requirements of each asset, frequency, duration, etc.
- Recommendations on purchasing, leasing and trialling assets
- Charging infrastructure required at each Council site and how that would be facilitated – distribution boards, power, network, cabling etc.
- Where the charging infrastructure would be installed at each site and managed
- Detailed roadmap of when this change would take place and how
- Financial impact to Council including capital and operational, initial and ongoing
- Social impact
- Environmental Impact
- Governance and risk considerations
- Grant funding available
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Kristen Jarvie on 02 9942 2769 during business hours
- Applications close on 09/12/2021