Senior Strategic Planner (Policy)
Closes: 09 Feb
When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- Permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $86,401 - $103, 035 plus superannuation, per annum
- location - Grafton
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- access to leaseback vehicle by negotiation for the right candidate
About the role
Do you want a planning role where you can make real difference in one of Australia's most beautiful places?
The Clarence Valley Council is looking for a new Senior Strategic Planner to drive progressive land use policy development. The successful applicant will play a crucial role to deliver a broad range of strategic land use planning strategies, policy formulation and creating robust planning frameworks to set up the Clarence Valley for a prosperous and sustainable future.
The role will focus on delivery of prioritised strategic planning projects that have a foundation in best-practice, including adopting a collaborative and consultative approach across our diverse community, with our industry and government stakeholders, and across the Clarence Valley Council's internal departments. Our current projects include developing a local growth management strategy, implementation of a CBD master plan and infrastructure planning.
This is a highly sought after position and in very popular part of the Northern Rivers. Get your application in new and put your best foot forward!
Download the position description here.
Murray Lane, Manager Development and Land Use Planning on (02) 6643 0287.
Tuesday, 8 February 2022 at 11.30 pm (NSW time).
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Grafton office, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.