Senior Officer – Social Planning and Community Capacity Building
Closes: 05 Aug
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Create a sense of community
- Build community capacity, resilience and belonging
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. As an employer, Randwick City Council offers benefits including ongoing professional development, fitness and wellbeing programs and more.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic person to support community capacity building by empowering and strengthening our community and enabling positive change through understanding social trends and developing resources to assist communities to be resilient and adaptive.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences, Social Planning, Town Planning or related discipline, together with relevant work experience or extensive related work experience.
- A high level of research, analysis, and policy development skills.
- Proven experience in identifying community needs and developing policies, strategies, and actions to address these issues
- Understanding of the role of Local Government in community services planning and delivery.
- Experience in community grants management procedures, assessment, and evaluation
Things you will do:
- Lead and facilitate the development, monitoring and review of Council’s social/community plans and policies.
- Provide social and community planning input into Council’s broader planning processes.
- Provide advice and assist in the management of Councils affordable and transitional housing programs.
- Oversee the delivery, assessment and evaluation of Councils grants program.
- Assist in the preparation of Strategic Planning policies and guidelines.
- Update and report on Councils Disability Inclusion Action Plan.
- Represent Council on various community and government meetings and committees.
- Liaise with Councillors, government departments and community groups as required.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description or contact Jodi Tweed, Manager Community Development, on 0474 917 461.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this position.