Senior Financial and Planning Analyst
Closes: 25 Apr
Senior Financial & Planning Analyst
- Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
- Salary from $97,055 per annum + Super
- Flexi time (Generous leave provisions)
- Novated lease options (Onsite Staff car parking)
Do you want to make a difference in the local community? If working for a forward-thinking organisation in a vibrant city sounds appealing, we have just what you’re looking for! We are seeking an innovative and enthusiastic person to join our team as Senior Financial & Planning Analyst within our Finance department at Campbelltown City Council.
We are not your usual, we are upbeat, resourceful and determined. Our staff and community are at the core of what we do, looking for ways to work together and support each other. Naturally welcoming, we share good-natured humour and positivity. We aim to inspire a sense of possibility and create opportunities for all by rolling up our sleeves. Our workplace is agile and flexible, keeping ahead of the times. Be a part of it, let’s get something started!
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a City surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good.
About the role:
We are seeking an innovative and enthusiastic person to provide strategic input into Council’s long term financial strategy, to drive an organisational approach to the use of business cases to support better decision making and to undertake financial trend analysis including benchmarking.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in information and communication technology, finance, commerce or business and significant experience in a complex organisation.
- Well-versed in the development of tools to analyse and report on data for business intelligence, using the most appropriate software (e.g. Power BI or Tableau, Dashboards and Reports, Excel and SQL Databases etc.).
- High level of technical ability with regard to data architecture including extraction, analysis and reporting of data to serve a variety of executive, managerial and departmental purposes.
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, develop solutions and implement initiatives.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with stakeholders identifying their reporting needs and data quality requirements.
- High level project management skills with a demonstrated ability to plan, co-ordinate and deliver projects efficiently, effectively and to a high standard.
- Current Class C drivers licence.
- Commitment to role modelling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Permanent full-time, 35 hours per week
- Salary from $97,055 per annum + 9.5% superannuation
- Flexi time
- Generous leave provisions
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Novated leasing options
- Weekly pay
- Staff car park
Key contact: For further information please contact Max Dobbie, Senior Management Accountant on 4645 4526.
Applications close: Sunday 25 April 2021
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Council also recognises the skills and attributes of veterans and welcomes applications from ex-service personnel.