Senior Engagement Officer
Closes: 25 Jun
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Great opportunity to utilise your engagement skills in a truly diverse role
- Live and work on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight
- Permanent full time position
The health and well being of our employees and our community is of utmost importance to us. Please note that during the current COVID-19 situation the successful candidate may be required to work from home where appropriate instead of from the primary office location.
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
The role of Senior Engagement Officer is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of Council’s Engagement Framework. This will be achieved through actively building and promoting strong community networks and links to encourage participation and engagement within Central Coast Council (CCC) and the local community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Managing delivery of engagement channels including community meetings, forums, workshops, online platforms and other e-consultation mediums;
- Providing high level engagement advice to business units and overseeing implementation of community engagement projects undertaken across Council;
- Researching, developing, and implementing a range of innovative, relevant and effective techniques to engage the Central Coast community in Council matters;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of community engagement activities, providing feedback to stakeholders and recommending changes.
- You are a great communicator;
- You enjoy and excel at engaging with stakeholders;
- You enjoy variety - no day is the same;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you.
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of engagement specialists who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between $76.2k to $91.5k per annum + superannuation.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role. This arrangement may be subject to change.
Please note: Due to the current COVID-19 situation interviews will now be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete additional assessments.
Enquiries: Lisa McConchie, Team Leader Strategic Communications and Engagement on ph: 0447 854 800.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Thursday, 24 June 2021.
To download our Privacy Statement click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
For more information on applying for a role with Central Coast Council please click on the following link: https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/council/about-council/careers-and-volunteering/applying-position
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's 11 Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer time-slot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the Library enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without leaving the system as your application will not be saved.
** It is recommended that you review the questions and prepare your responses in a Word document or similar before commencing your on-line application. Your responses will not be saved if you encounter any problems submitting your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0409 601 161 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist 'email@example.com' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.