Senior Civil Designer
Closes: 06 Aug
Senior Civil Designer
- Exciting opportunity to join an energetic and diverse team that delivers a broad range of civil infrastructure projects from the concept design stage through to project completion.
- The Tamworth Region offers an attractive lifestyle for all demographics with high quality playgrounds, sporting programs and infrastructure and regional towns and villages that offer fantastic tourism attractions.
- If you don’t want to relocate to the Tamworth Region, talk to us so we can work out flexible working arrangements to allow you to work remotely.
- We offer a very competitive commencement salary of $90,531 (inclusive of superannuation and is negotiable dependant on skills and experience.
It is an exciting time to join Tamworth Regional Council’s survey and design team! With a recently adopted ‘Blueprint for Growth’ plan to guide the civil infrastructure requirements for the next 20 years, a strong history of obtaining State and Federal funding and a strong working relationship with Transport for New South Wales, Tamworth offers civil designers the opportunity to work on the next wave of exciting and lifestyle enhancing projects with a particular focus on quality, value for money solutions and professional development. As a member of our Survey and Design team, you can expect to work on exciting projects such as:
- Local road upgrades, new roundabouts, expanding the existing stormwater network, new carparks and sewer and water main upgrades with project costs up to $1 Million
- Complex road projects including major intersection upgrades, Bridge concept designs and co-ordination of road approaches and substantial service relocations with project costs up to $10 Million
- Bespoke sporting infrastructure with recent projects including new athletics fields, hockey fields, velodrome and criterion track and skate parks with project costs up to $20 Million
- Civil infrastructure associated with the design of a new 246 Ha Industrial and Commercial precinct in Tamworth with project costs in excess of $50 Million
You will bring to this position tertiary qualifications in Engineering Design and/or Civil Design or equivalent relevant experience in civil design. Your experience in delivering design projects on time and to budget, coupled with your ability to demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills, will also be key to your success.
If this position interests you, why not give Dan Stewart – Senior Design Engineer a call on 02 6767 5496 to discuss any questions about this position.
Applications Close: 5pm, Thursday 5 August, 2021
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-employment Medical Screening including Alcohol & Other Drugs Testing.
Tamworth Regional Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.
Click here to find out more about this role: https://youtu.be/humQSi0cUEU
Planning Today for Tamworth Tomorrow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ecpMGlJD8