Rural Transfer Station Attendant (Tarcutta)
Closes: 26 Apr
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to join our team to oversee the activities at Council’s Tarcutta Rural Transfer Centre. If you enjoy working outdoors, are physical fit and interested in waste management, then this is the role for you!
- Permanent Part-Time;
- Remuneration of $297.04 gpf + superannuation (based on part time hours of work);
- Saturday 1.00pm to 4.00pm and Monday 1.00pm to 4.00pm (6 hours per week); and
- Location: Tarcutta, Spring Street.
Your new role:
As the Rural Transfer Attendant (Tarcutta) you will be responsible for:
- Managing the disposal of domestic waste;
- Inspecting loads to ensure compliance with disposal policies;
- Processing payments and charges for waste disposal activities; and
- Site safety and security.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience relevant to the role;
- Great communication and customer service skills;
- An ability to work independently;
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence and have a registered and insured motor vehicle available; and
- A Current WH&S Construction Induction Certificate (White)
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing Focus Questions – Maximum two pages (a template has been provided below for use within applications).
- What skills and experience do you have that are relevant to this position?
- Why would you like to work for Wagga Wagga City Council as a Rural Transfer Attendant?
- What are some WH&S hazards you would need to consider in this role?
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 26 April 2021 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 3 May 2021.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Matt Windle on (02) 6926 9163 or 0437 701 447.
For further information, please visit https://recruit.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs/
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position including a functional health assessment to ensure candidates can meet the inherent physical requirements of the role.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.