Program Delivery Manager
Closes: 17 Aug
- Coordinate the program of works' overarching governance for the delivery of infrastructure renewal and capital projects.
- 3 x permanent, full-time role – 35 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including flexitime and a 9-day fortnight.
Thriving and rapidly transforming, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city and is located 160km north of Sydney. It offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
City of Newcastle (CN) is currently seeking three Program Delivery Managers to join our Assets & Projects team, working directly with frontline infrastructure business leaders and project staff in the provision of program and project delivery support, portfolio and program governance, project development and project quality, as well as compliance management.
Utilising your proven project/program management capabilities, you’ll coordinate, monitor, and report on program of works for the delivery of infrastructure renewal and capital projects in one of the following program streams: Stormwater and Environment, Roads and Transport, Priority Projects (City Centre and Coastal Revitalisation) or Citywide Initiatives. With a strategic asset management focus, you’ll ensure program directions are in continual alignment to ensure that benefits are delivered, and organisational goals and strategic objectives ensuring Newcastle is a Liveable City.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Degree in Engineering with Project Management training or qualifications, or a combination of relevant training / experience in an asset or built environment to meet the requirements of the role
- Substantial experience in the delivery performance monitoring and reporting, risk management, change management and quality governance of a program of works
- High level written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience writing reports, developing and maintaining budgets, presenting and influencing outcomes
- Advanced computer skills, with a demonstrated understanding of program and project management and estimating systems
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation in relation to infrastructure
- Experience delivering business improvements at the Portfolio, Program and Project level for the scoping, delivery, capacity planning and benefits management of programs and projects
- Current Class C Driver’s License
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Experience developing capital works programs that provide a balance between servicing needs and financial constraints
- Experience working within an Asset Management environment
- Experience creating documentation and applying for Federal and State grants for major infrastructure projects
- Proven experience coordinating and administering tender / contract documentation, for the on-ground delivery of major capital and renewal infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead, coach and support staff to achieve work targets and objectives, effectively and efficiently
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: Monday, 17 August 2020.
Remuneration: $107,622.75 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Peter Steele - Program Delivery Coordinator - 02 4974 2432.