Closes: 22 Apr
Division: Planning & Place
Business Unit: Strategic & Place Planning
Title: Planner, Permanent - Full-time Role, 70 hours per fortnight
Salary Range: $87,789.97 to $102,026.46 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Reporting to the Manager Strategic & Place Planning, the Planner role is to undertake research and assistance in the ongoing coordination and management of strategic projects, particularly Council’s contributions plans and assist in development of Voluntary Planning Agreements or Material Public Benefits/ Works-In-Kind Agreements where required.
The typical day-to-day functions of the role may involve: maintaining Council’s planning system (including zoning certificate information) in accordance with directions from the State Government and changes in legislation/policy’ undertake research and analysis to support planning strategies/ policies; community engagement; project management; report writing; preparing and assessing Planning Proposals or formal offers to Council that results in a Planning Agreement. Overall integration of Council’s strategic objectives is an important component of the work.
A significant proportion of the work is project based and therefore strong personal motivation, organisation, project planning, management and coordination are important, as is the ability to work cooperatively and effectively within project team environments. Effective communication, both written and oral, in liaising with internal and external stakeholders is important to being effective in the role.
As an integral part of the Strategic & Place Planning, this role will involve:
• Building effective working relationships with internal/external customers and stakeholders
• Actively facilitating the community’s involvement in Council’s business through effective community engagement technique
• Provide strategic direction in relation to development infrastructure planning and delivery
• Providing advice to the community in relation to Council’s activities and responsibilities in various areas, particularly Council’s development contributions plans
• Promoting Council’s positive reputation in all business dealings
• Assist in the development and review of policy and procedures for the Development Contributions Committee and Working Group
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Liza Cordoba on 84956277 during business hours.
- Applications close on 22/04/2021