Closes: 26 Jun
Narromine Shire Council covers an area of 5264 km2 and has a population of approximately 6444 in the rural townships of Narromine, Trangie & Tomingley and the surrounding rural areas. Narromine is located 40km from the regional city of Dubbo.
The identities and values of Narromine Shire have been shaped by the culture of the Wiradjuri People, early farmers and by our strong aviation and sporting history. Today, the Shire has a significant farming-based industry that contributes nationally.
About the position
Narromine Shire Council is seeking a suitably qualified individual to join the team in the space of Part-Time Cleaner.
The objective of the position is to ensure Council's facilities in Narromine are kept clean and to an acceptable hygienic level as set by Council.
The position will be required to clean Council facilities including Administration and Finance buildings, Works Depot, Library, Public Conveniences, Barbeques as well as other facilities including community halls as required.
To be successful in this position you will need to have
- Class ‘C’ Drivers Licence
- General Construction Induction (CIC - White Card) NSW
It will be desirable for you to have:
- First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of Sharps & Infectious Waste
- Experience in reading and interpreting the safe usage and storage of Chemicals and Cleaning Agents
The details relating to this position are:
- The position is graded 4 within Council's salary structure
- The salary range is from $24.68- $27.92 per hour. The salary step is determined by an annual competency assessment.
- Part-Time 25 Hours. Various/Split Shifts where weekend work may be required.
- Narromine Shire Council will pay a further 9.5% superannuation to your super fund
- Employment conditions are as per the Local Government (State) Award
- Narromine Shire Council is committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and diversity across our workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
Please click here to view the full Position Description
Should you be shortlisted for interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening process as part of the selection process:
- A functional assessment (at Council's expense) including hearing and drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks from your 2 work related referees
- Any other additional screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualification
As part of the recruitment process, Narromine Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file and only accessed by members of the Recruitment Selection Panel.
Contact and notes
Enquiries: Human Resources Officer, Aimee Hunt (02) 6889 9999.
Closing date: 5pm 25 June 2021
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND BE PREPARED WITH YOUR RESUME READY TO UPLOAD WHEN YOU COMMENCE THE PROCESS.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application.