Operative – Civil Works
Closes: 03 Dec
Operative - Civil Works (Permanent & Casual positions available)
There has been a refocus of Councils Operations to assist with a rapidly growing city and consequently exciting new opportunities within the Civil Works section at Campbelltown City Council.
The Operations team is responsible for the construction, maintenance and care of Councils assets including roads, drainage, footpaths, traffic facilities, signs, graffiti removal and maintenance of sports fields, parks and reserves.
We are not your usual, we are upbeat, resourceful and determined. Our staff and community are at the core of what we do, looking for ways to work together and support each other. Naturally welcoming, we share good-natured humour and positivity. We aim to inspire a sense of possibility and create opportunities for all by rolling up our sleeves. Our workplace is agile and flexible, keeping ahead of the times. Be a part of it, let’s get something started
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a City surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good.
We have multiple vacancies for energetic and experienced workers to undertake the roles in our in Civil works teams including sign maintenance, concreting and asphalt work.
What we are seeking:
- Minimum Certificate II Tertiary qualifications in a related field would be highly regarded.
- Class MR Drivers Licence.
- Construction Induction Certificate (White Card)
- High level demonstrated knowledge and understanding of maintenance activities related to Civil Works.
- High level awareness of Work, Health and Safety, environmental and risk management in relation to Civil infrastructure.
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Permanent full-time, 38 hours per week
- Casual and part-time applicants are welcome to apply
- Salary from $1049.70 per week + 9.5% superannuation
- Part-time and Casual positions will also be considered
- RDO fortnightly
- Generous leave provisions
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
Key contact: For further information on this position, please contact Scott Anderson on 4645 4281.
Applications close: Wednesday 2, December 2020
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.