Closes: 28 Sep
Division: Transport & Assets
Business Unit: Recreation Business
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
The key responsibility of the Lifeguard is to supervise the pool environment and ensure the highest standard of public supervision and safety. They liaise and communicate in a positive manner with Centre clients and the broader community whilst contributing to a fun and enjoyable experience for Centre users.
• Provide a safe environment for all customers by ensuring that all pools and areas are adequately supervised and that customer behaviour keeps within the limits of safe practices and accepted Centre standards
• To ensure that the pools, buildings, grounds and equipment are cleanly maintained to the satisfaction of the Shift Supervisor
• Respond to, provide, report and record all incidents requiring the administration of first aid in the event of an injury or illness
• Carry out preventative actions, rescues and initiate other emergency actions as and when required.
• Enforce and educate customers on the Council’s parent supervision policy
• Ongoing assessment of the risk in front of you.
• Increase awareness of water safety.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Jonathan Colwell on 02 8495 5005 during business hours
- Applications close on 10/10/2021