Closes: 28 Sep
Division: Transport & Assets
Business Unit: Recreation Business
Title: Lifeguard, Permanent - Part-time Role
Salary Range: $57349.49 to $66649.7 per annum on pro rata basis + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
The role is responsible for providing a safe, enjoyable and friendly facility for all patrons visiting the venue. The Lifeguard is also required to place a particular emphasis on safety, risk management and minimising Council’s liability by ensuring rules and regulations are adhered to by users of the facility.
• Supervise the day to day operations of the Aquatic Centre
• Provide a safe and enjoyable environment by complying with the Pool’s Health and Safety guidelines, checking safety equipment is in good working order and complying with the Venues Emergency Action Plan at all times.
• Ensure the day to day operations of the Aquatic Centre are carried out according to the Venue Operations Manual and Practice Note 15.’
• Providing high quality customer service by answering enquiries and directing patrons as required whilst performing lifeguarding duties.
• Assist with the organising and supervision of all pool bookings, including school carnivals, swim clubs, learn to swim and squad.
• Ensuring that a consistently high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the facilities at all times by carrying out all necessary cleaning during operational hours.
• Undertake relevant training to maintain and develop essential skills and qualifications required for the position.
• Assisting the Centre Management, as required
• Responsible for the safety of all staff and patrons in the Centre
• Responsible for the emergency evacuation of patrons known as ingress and egress of all patrons visiting the centre.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Jonathan Colwell on 02 8495 5005 during business hours
- Applications close on 28/09/2021