Closes: 26 Feb
Are you looking for an opportunity to:
- Work in a friendly team environment?
- Apply a wide range of skills and knowledge?
- Have support for training and professional development?
- Gain valuable experience and accelerate your career in Library Science
Council is seeking enthusiastic, friendly and energetic people to form a pool of casual workers to assist with the efficient management and operation of Council’s library services.
The library services team provides a high quality, community focused library delivering effective information services and programs. In this role you will assist the librarian in the efficient management and operation of Council’s library services including, high level customer service, cataloguing, issuing and receipting of catalogued items, participating in collection maintenance activities and ensure that Council’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Well-developed literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of computer operations including Microsoft products
- Well-developed communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to work within set timeframes
- Understanding of EEO & WHS requirements
- Current Working with Children Check
Hourly Rate: $29.79 – (includes 25% casual loading in lieu of leave entitlements)
For Information Contact: Debbie Kelly, Librarian, (02) 6895 2253.
Go to the Careers and Employment page at www.lachlan.nsw.gov.au for a position description and information about how to apply for positions.
Valid applications require a cover letter, resume, statement addressing the selection criteria and a copy of relevant qualifications. Note: Only applicants who address the selection criteria and have the right to work in Australia will be considered for interview.
Applications addressed to the General Manager, PO Box 216 CONDOBOLIN NSW 2877 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lachlan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides a smoke-free work environment.