Library and Customer Service Officer – Manilla
Closes: 07 Dec
Library & Customer Service Officer
- Based at Manilla
- Part Time - 21 hours per week
- Utilise Your Skills to Provide a Valued Service to Your Community
Tamworth Regional Council is seeking a motivated individual with experience in Customer Service and/or Library Services to join the team at Manilla in the new "one stop shop".
This is a varied and interesting role where you will be responsible for:-
- providing excellent customer service and active engagement with customers;
- assisting customers with locating library resources, using the reader's advisory service and assisting customers with using technology;
- providing business support to all council directorates and external bodies (such as Centrelink);
- promoting and presenting library programs and events; and
- being able to work across different locations as required.
The ability to communicate and work effectively in a team will be essential.
The successful candidates will need to hold a Certificate III in Business Administration or Information and Cultural Services (or equivalent relevant experience) as well as a current driver licence and have experience and/or demonstrated capability in the following areas:-
- Customer service;
- Public library services;
- Conflict resolution strategies;
- Time management techniques; and
- Cash handling.
Previous experience in a Local Government environment would be highly regarded.
This position has been classified as Grade 8 with an hourly rate of $29.33 per hour for 21 hours per week Monday to Wednesday.
Additional hours may be available from time to time.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-employment Medical Screening including Alcohol & Other Drugs Testing.
Please contact Jane Sweeney on 02 6767 5574 if you have any questions about this position.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday, 6 December 2020.
Tamworth Regional Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.