Snowy Monaro Regional Council
Construction Worker Parks & Gardens
Posted: 14 Jan
Closes: 30 Jan
Closes: 30 Jan
Cooma, New South Wales
- 9 Day Fortnight
- Enjoy a great work life balance
- Applications close midnight Sunday 30 January 2022
Snowy Monaro Regional Council has an opportunity for a construction worker to join our Parks and Garden team. In this role you will provide quality landscaping, reserve management and arboreal care and assist in the maintenance and improvement of our parks, gardens, reserves, and roadsides across our picturesque region. If you love the outdoors, enjoy working in a team and have a commitment to safety, then this could be your next role!
What’s on offer:
- Full-time role
- 9 day fortnight
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 3 weeks sick leave per year
- $54,623/ year + super + allowances
About the role:
A busy and hands on role, daily tasks include:
- Operate assigned plant and vehicles and carry out laboring duties in the maintenance and construction of roads, parks and gardens and roadsides in accordance with Council standards, timetable, environmental and quality objectives
- Operator minor plant including line markers, hoists, elevated work platforms, trucks, tractors, mowers, slashers, edgers and brushcutters etc. Conduct regular maintenance checks and servicing of the plant to ensure a high level of operational standard is attained
To be successful ideally you will have:
- Current valid Driver’s Licence (mandatory) or MR Unrestricted licence
- Demonstrated ability to operate a variety of plant ie Line Markers, Hoists,Trucks, Tractors, Mowers, Slashers, Brush Cutters
- Proven ability and ongoing commitment to work as directed by Supervisor, according to Council’s prescribed practices
- Demonstrated ability to participate in tool box talks as required; and
- Proven ability to manually lift in accordance with WHS guidelines.
Applications close Sunday 30 January 2022
At Snowy Monaro Regional Council, we are committed to providing EEO and embracing diversity. We are an inclusive workforce which reflects the unique region, community, and customers we serve. In addition to providing an encouraging and positive environment, Council is a smoke free work environment.
Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.