Snowy Monaro Regional Council
Water Wastewater Assistant Technician
Posted: 11 Jun
Closes: 28 Jun
Closes: 28 Jun
Cooma, New South Wales
- Award Allowances
- Great lifestyle in the beautiful Snowy Mountains Region
- Applications close midnight Sunday 27 June 2021
The Water Wastewater Assistant Technician is responsible for providing support to the Water and Wastewater Supervisors in the installation, maintenance and operation of water and wastewater facilities and services throughout the Snowy Monaro Regional Council areas specifically in Jindabyne, East Jindabyne and Kalkite.
This vacancy is offered in a permanent full-time capacity, 38 hours per week, and would suit a self motivated individual who enjoys working in a team environment.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Installation, maintenance and operation of water and sewerage schemes within the Council area
- Water and sewer quality testing
- Maintenance of water supply systems within the Council area
- Be available for on-call rosters and available to respond to emergency call-outs
- Carry out work as required on private works for the water and wewer department
- Acquire, process and document water and sewer data
- Liaise with Supervisor in meeting legislative requirements
- Demonstrate a commitment to WHS in the workplace
- Hold a Construction Induction White Card
- Have relevant experience in water and sewer Industry operations
- Have the ability to operate, competently, small plan including: Lawnmowers, whipper snippers, sludge pumps and water snorter
- Physically fit to carry out the day to day operations
- Work a 9 day fortnight
- Long term career in a growing essential service industry
- Work in a positive team environment
Applications close midnight Sunday 27 June 2021
At Snowy Monaro Regional Council, we are committed to providing EEO and embracing diversity. We are an inclusive workforce which reflects the unique region, community, and customers we serve. In addition to providing an encouraging and positive environment, Council is a smoke free work environment.
Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.