Closes: 03 Dec
Irrigation Technician - Urban Landscapes
There has been a refocus of Councils Operations to assist with a rapidly growing city and consequently, exciting new opportunities in leadership have become available.
The Operations team has recently undergone significant change and is looking for an Irrigation Technician in the Urban Landscapes section to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community, through our ongoing commitment to deliver a range of services and programs.
We are not your usual, we are upbeat, resourceful and determined. Our staff and community are at the core of what we do, looking for ways to work together and support each other. Naturally welcoming, we share good-natured humour and positivity. We aim to inspire a sense of possibility and create opportunities for all by rolling up our sleeves. Our workplace is agile and flexible, keeping ahead of the times. Be a part of it, let’s get something started.
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a City surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good.
About the role:
The Operations team is responsible for the construction, maintenance and care of Councils assets involving roads, drainage, footpaths, signs, maintenance of sporting fields, parks and reserves, waste collection and garden maintenance.
As an Irrigation Technician you will provide direction, leadership and accountability to the Urban Landscapes team by:
- Actively engage with the team to promote best practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in irrigation maintenance, to inspire your team to deliver exceptional customer expectations.
- Confidently liaise with residents, community members and other internal staff in delivering high quality, sustainable, and engaging open spaces
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Horticulture and Irrigation and or substantial job related experience.
- Current MR Drivers licence.
- Knowledge of Open Space/Horticultural plant and equipment.
- Knowledge in relation to Open Space maintenance.
- Irrigation knowledge of sports fields and gardens.
- Significant time management skills.
- Commitment to role modelling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Permanent full-time, 38 hours per week
- Salary from $1102.20 per week + 9.5% superannuation
- RDO fortnightly
- Generous leave provisions
- Generous professional development opportunities
Key contact: For further information on this position, please contact Nick Bolton, Coordinator Urban Landscapes on 4645 4414.
Applications close: Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.