Information Management Trainee
Closes: 04 Oct
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Information Management Trainee
Traineeship up to 24 months
Salary from $728.10 per week plus superannuation
Certificate IV in Business (Records and Information Management (BSB40120)
Recruitment No. 21117
Are you passionate about Information Management? Come and join our team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable individual to come and join our Information Management team at Wollongong City Council. The management of Council’s valuable records and information assets are critical to good decision making.
Under the guidance of experienced supervisors and colleagues, you will advocate and contribute to Council’s Information Management centre of excellence. The role will involve the managing of information throughout its lifecycle, liaising with key stakeholders and the development and delivery of training.
In this traineeship you will develop skills in:
- Digital records management in accordance with Council policies and legislative requirements
- Council’s release of information to the public
- Administering incoming and outgoing correspondence
This is a 2-year traineeship undertaking a Certificate IV in Business Services (Records and Information Management). Alongside your studies, you will gain valuable work experience across a range of different teams and receive ongoing support and guidance to jump start a rewarding role in Local Government.
We are looking for someone who…
- Is eligible to enrol in 2022 into the Certificate IV in Business Services (Records and Information Management)
- Has a genuine interest in digital recordkeeping, information management and archives
- Is reliable and self-motivated to take responsibility for their own development needs and learning
- Can adapt to and work effectively within a variety of changing situations
- Will seek and accept constructive advice from mentors and more experienced colleagues
- Has organisational skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Has the ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise judgement and discretion
If this sounds like YOU, we encourage you to apply!
For this role you are required to upload a current resume and complete a Selection Criteria Questionnaire which can be found HERE
For more information including HOW TO APPLY please refer to the information pack below.
Further questions? Please contact Learning and Capability Team on (02) 4227 8694.
Questions regarding submitting your application online please contact our Recruitment Team on 4227 7065.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday 4 October 2021
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg potentially online interviews.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.