Head Ranger – Enforcement
Closes: 14 Aug
HEAD RANGER - ENFORCEMENT
About the Role
We are seeking applications for a passionate and experienced professional to join Council’s Compliance Team. Reporting directly to the Manager Health and Regulatory Services, this position is responsible for leading and coordinating Council’s Rangers and RID Officer.
You will be required to carry out the statutory responsibilities of a Local Government Enforcement Ranger, as authorised and delegated, including the investigation of complaints received by Council in relation to non-compliance issues across the Shire.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
You will help to achieve our vision to make Wollondilly even better, together. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Salary commencing from $73,065 per annum, commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 38 hours per week with participation in Council’s Rostered Day Off Scheme
- A leaseback vehicle is available with this position, however this is not a condition of employment
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Essential Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum four years relevant work experience in a leadership, regulatory and enforcement role.
- Current Class C drivers licence.
Personal Attributes, Communication and Team Work
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a leadership role and to work collaboratively with a team, with a focus on personal safety and the safety of others.
- Lead by promoting a strong personal image and corporate perspective which embodies quality service and responsibilities to all Council’s customers to achieve efficiency, economy and ethical purpose and be a valued member of the team and organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation relevant to the position.
- Ability and willingness to work out-of-hours, including the on-call roster and on weekends when required.
- Demonstrated commitment to Council’s Corporate ICARE Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
- Superior verbal communication, engagement and conflict resolution skills.
Level of Planning, Problem Solving and Budget
- Ability to plan, prioritise, think and solve problems on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of legal evidence, notices, orders and directions.
- Responsible for overseeing penalties written, conscious of budget impacts, cost implications and the outputs of the team.
- Experience in the issue of electronic penalty infringement notices.
- Experience in the implantation of microchips and other animal welfare activities.
Further Information: Robyn Cooper, Manager Health and Regulatory Services on 4677 9502.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday, 14 August 2020.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website: Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake a Police Background Check, Credential Check and Bankruptcy Check.
‘Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to Workplace Diversity’