Closes: 18 May
About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation with approximately 600 staff members. Our people are working to make the Georges River area an accessible, green, diverse and innovative community and economy. We are dedicated to providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture, helping protect our natural environment, and making our suburbs more livable.
Georges River Council is seeking an experienced Grants Officer to join our Community Development team to develop and implement proactive community development and general liaison strategies to respond to identified needs of the Georges River community that reflect the stated social and corporate objectives of Council. You will also provide community capacity building opportunities for the Georges River Community through the development and delivery of Council’s grant programs.
- Permanent, Full-Time opportunity, 70 hours per fortnight (eligibility to participate in flex scheme and work 9-day fortnight)
- Salary from $83,960.39 to $97,280.45 per annum plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Opportunities for professional development within local government
- Wellness perks including free counselling, flu vaccinations, gym subsidy and more
- Collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Provide a range of specialist advisory and administrative services related to effective delivery of Council’s grant programs to enable community groups to partner with Council to address identified needs.
- Prepare, monitor and review relevant budget items in relation to allocated responsibilities.
- Assist with the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of actions relating to Council’s grant programs (e.g. Community Grants, Venue Hire Grants, Club Grants).
- Monitor the implementation of projects funded through Council grant programs, including evaluation and financial acquittal processes, to ensure that the benefits from the grant programs are maximised.
- Plan, develop and implement community workshops and information sessions.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences or related disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of community development principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of grant program implementation, including the development of relevant documentation such as policies, guidelines and application forms
- Experience in the community development field
- Capacity to program and deliver community information sessions and workshops
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description essential criteria, then please submit your application today! Ensure you provide detailed responses and examples (where appropriate) to all required questions on the application. Please note previous applicants need not apply.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Rebekah Schulz, Director of Community and Culture on 02 9330 6131.
Closing Date: 17 May 2021, 11:30pm (AEST)
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
Georges River Council is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.