Closes: 17 May
An opportunity exists to join Councils Governance and Risk team on a full-time basis. As a Governance Officer you will facilitate corporate governance activities to ensure the council meets its obligations under legislation
Key components of this position will include:
- Coordinate the governance frameworks for administering and reporting on the council’s obligation under the relevant legislation and council policies and procedures to facilitate compliance.
- Maintain corporate registers including complaints, policies, procedures, forms, legal docs, pecuniary interests, contracts, delegations, compliance and GIPPA.
- Support the governance of Council by providing guidance and advice across all business units.
- Inform and educate the workforce on the council’s obligations to facilitate compliance.
- Support Council through the Council election process.
- Promote information sharing, multi-skilling and knowledge transfer to drive evidence-based decision-making, enhance capability and optimise capacity.
The successful applicant will be required to work from Councils Tumut or Tumbarumba office, with travel to other locations as required. Prior experience or a Tertiary qualification in Business Administration is essential.
Salary will be paid in accordance with the Snowy Valleys Council Salary System at Grade 7, ranging from $2,481.57 to $2,793.10 per fortnight (gross) plus 9.5% superannuation depending on skills, experience and education.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please address the Essential and Desirable Criteria noted in the attached Position Description, provide a Cover letter explaining your interest in the role and current Resume/CV. Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday 16 May at 5.00pm
For further information about this position, please contact the Coordinator Governance and Risk, Brook Penfold on 02 6941 2585 or email@example.com
Snowy Valleys Council is an EEO employer and ensures the absence of discrimination in employment. Council has a No Smoking in the Workplace Policy and operates a Drug and Alcohol testing program.