GIS Spatial Officer
Closes: 29 Sep
- Join an innovative and creative team
- Commitment to training and professional development
- Good work/life balance
An outstanding opportunity exists for an enthusiastic individual to deliver mapping and cadastral services to the organisation across land and property, asset, and environmental information datasets – contributing to embedding spatial/GIS information into decision making to support Council objectives.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
Things you will do:
- Produce spatial products including maps, map layers, visualisations and other representations that are meaningful and useful to the business to support decision making.
- Undertake data management functions that ensure that Council’s spatial datasets, in particular land and property, asset and environmental are accurate and can be used with confidence to support business decision making.
- Be accountable for the provision of timely and efficient customer focused services that provide information insight to support decision making, including cartographic outputs, map layers and reports.
- Undertake maintenance and enhancement of Council’s spatial information sets including land and property, asset, and environmental data.
- Aid customers by resolving incidents, access, and service requests with the use of Council’s Spatial Information Systems (ArcGIS, Nearmap and Geocortex, or similar products).
The successful applicant will require:
- Tertiary Qualifications in spatial or geographic information systems, land information or equivalent practical on the job experience.
- Experience in the use of a contemporary Spatial Information System software environment (in particular ArcGIS).
- Understanding of spatial information principles for local government, in particular land and property divisions/cadastre, planning instruments/zoning and land title information.
- Experience in use of datasets provided by business areas and the development of map layers to support business decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and optimise data sets used for spatial information, in particular ability to cleanse and maintain data quality.
- An ability to work with business users to determine their requirements for spatial information outputs (both digital and print) and to develop products to meet their needs.
- Ability to provide user support to resolve incidents, access requests and service requests that relate to the use of Council’s Spatial Information System software environment.
- Experience in consulting and sharing information with customers and technical staff, sharing own expertise, and working collaboratively to achieve Council outcomes.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description or contact George Panagiotopoulos, Leader Enterprise Content Management on 02 9093 6778.
NOTE: Applicants should include two documents in their application, (1) a recent resume and (2) a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for the position. Note that a detailed response against each selection criteria is not required.