Facilities Operations Manager
Closes: 10 Aug
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Community Facilities Area Manager
Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $102,595 up to $115,572 per annumplus superannuation
(salary will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No 21090
Are you looking for a leadership position where you can combine your technical skills and your people skills to make a difference in your local community?
About the Position:
Wollongong City Council is currently seeking a passionate and experienced Community Facilities Area Manager, to lead service delivery across a diverse portfolio of Community Facilities. You will manage the day to day operations including customer service delivery, promotion and performance of facilities, as well as overseeing strategy for and maintenance of significant community assets. This includes managing people, asset and financial resources, planning and coordinating operations to provide a high standard of service to residents, community organisations and other stakeholders. You will be responsible for managing allocation, licensing and accountabilities for a number of facilities that are operated on behalf of Council by community organisations.
You will be responsible for the North area of the Wollongong LGA and will be primarily located at Thirroul Community Centre and Library. Please note that locations are subject to change and can be located at any of Wollongong City Councils Community Centres and Libraries dependent on operational requirements.
The successful applicant will be required to be part of an after-hours call out roster.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
You will be a great leader and motivater for a vibrant multi-skilled team and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. This position requires initiative and the ability to balance the strategic and asset management aspects of the role.
You will need experience in managing budgets and resource accountabilities, including those relating to staffing, contracting and project delivery. You will also need to have the capabilities and attributes to deliver on community capacity building, social inclusion and the community development aspects of the role.
For more details on the role, please see attached job description.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply:
Wollongong City Council uses a merit based recruitment process. It is essential to respond to each of the selection criteria, writing at least one to two paragraphs using specific and actual examples of how you have demonstrated the particular skill, qualification or experience. Provide relevant examples from your work, study or community roles. Be clear and to the point. Please use actual examples of what you have done, how well you did it, what you achieved, and how it relates to the requirements of the job. Applications that do not answer all the criteria will not be considered. Your CV alone will not be enough information for your application to be assessed. Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
A copy of the Selection Criteria Template can be found HERE
- A recognised degree qualification relevant to the position. Please outline how your qualification meets the requirements of this position
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively lead an effective multi-skilled team, with specific focus on achieving business goals and promoting organisational values.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic relationships in a friendly, helpful manner with external stakeholders, which may include licensees/hirers, provide training/support, develop and negotiate licence agreements and ensure compliance.
- Proven ability to develop scopes of work, specifications and project management skills to manage multiple contracts to meet strict deadlines and deliver identified outcomes, in a community facility management environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and monitor WHS systems, policies and procedures relating to service provision and facilities management
- Demonstrated financial management skills to analyse and manage budgets and contracts.
- Current Class “C” driver’s licence
For further information regarding this position contact Vicki Weir, Facilities Operations Manager on (02) 4227 8872.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 9 August 2021.
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg potentially online interviews.
Please note that this role is internally titled as Facilities Operations Manager.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.