Expressions of Interest – Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Independent Member
Closes: 05 Aug
Expression of Interest – Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Independent Member
AlburyCity is seeking to appoint one independent external member to its Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee for a term of three years.
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee plays a key role in AlburyCity’s governance framework by assisting Council to deliver on its objectives through bringing a holistic, systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of processes regarding risk, control and governance.
Specifically, the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee provides independent assistance and assurance to the Council by monitoring, reviewing and providing strategic advice on Council’s governance processes, risk management and control frameworks, internal and external audits, organisational performance and external accountability obligations.
Meetings are held on a quarterly basis, with additional meetings scheduled as required.
Individuals interested in this opportunity should have demonstrated capacity and experience in either/both of the following specific areas:
- Financial management, accounting or auditing
- Performance improvement and/or best practice frameworks and systems – skills and experience in legal, governance, risk management, and business management skills, are desirable.
In addition, the following capabilities are considered critical for all ARIC members:
- Effective communication
- Independence and objectivity
- Analytical and strategic approach.
The Independent member annual fee is $5,018.64.
Applications – including a covering letter and CV – close on Wednesday 4 August 2021
Further information for interested individuals is available in the following documents:
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Charter
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Annual Report 2019/20
- AlburyCity Code of Conduct
- Audited Annual Financial Statements
- AlburyCity’s Code of Meeting Practice