Events Programming Coordinator
Closes: 08 Dec
- Exciting opportunity to work on a variety of events
- Join a small, motivated, collaborative team
- Enjoy our sense of community
- 9-day fortnight
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney.
This is a core position within the events team, focusing specifically on the programming of content and creative aspects of events produced by the Economic Development and Placemaking team. This role will contribute to the planning and delivery of a diverse range of Community Events ranging from large scale, public outdoor events through to Civic Ceremonies and targeted events.
This is an exciting role in the events team which will contribute to the implementation of the new Arts and Culture strategy including evaluation and reinvigoration of the events calendar.
Excellent attention to detail, creativity/creative thinking, programming experience and excellent communication skills will be the key to success in this role.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Event Management or relevant field, and/or demonstrated experience in major/community event programming.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the arts and entertainment industry, artists, performers and booking agents/agencies.
- Experience liaising with communications and publicity teams for events.
- Superior written and oral communication skills including creating copy.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate and manage relationships with the public, artists, media, suppliers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and professional presentation.
- Passion for creativity and community events
This position will:
- Manage programming content and creative aspects of events, including budgeting, quotations, documentation and artist/supplier management.
- Work closely with the Communications department to ensure events are effectively advertised and promoted.
- Contribute to the planning and evaluation of Council’s events.
- Work closely with the EDP team and other departments across council to successfully delivery an exciting calendar of events.
- Interact with external stakeholders including members of the community, community groups and businesses.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings and a Working with Children Check clearance.
Further Information: View the position description or call Kiaya Hacene, Producer Events, on (02) 9093 6782.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this position.
Please note: Council is currently recruiting two Events Coordinator roles (Events Production Coordinator and Events Programming Coordinator), if you would like to be considered for both, please complete a separate application for each role.