Events Production Coordinator
Closes: 08 Dec
- Exciting opportunity to work on a variety of events
- Join a small, motivated, collaborative team
- Enjoy our sense of community
- 9-day fortnight
Randwick City Council is an innovative and leading local government organisation committed to serving our vibrant community on the beautiful eastern beaches of Sydney.
This is a core position within the events team, focusing specifically on production, technical and operational aspects of events produced by the Economic Development and Placemaking team. This role will contribute to the planning and delivery of a diverse range of Community Events ranging large scale, public outdoor events through to Civic Ceremonies and targeted activations.
This is an exciting role in the events team which will contribute to the implementation of the new Arts and Culture strategy including evaluation and reinvigoration of the events calendar.
Excellent attention to detail, production, risk and time management skills will be the key to success in this role.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Event Management or relevant field, and/or demonstrated experience in major/community event production and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement Risk Management, Safety and Compliance requirements for production management of events.
- Ability to organise workloads, effectively performing a number of concurrent tasks
- Professional presentation and ability to problem solve under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for delivering engaging events for our community
This position will:
- Manage production, operation and technical aspects of events, including budgeting, quotations, documentation and supplier management.
- Take primary responsibility for drafting and implementing Risk Management documentation, procedures and implement mitigations.
- Contribute to the planning and evaluation of Council’s events.
- Work closely with the EDP team and other departments across council to successfully delivery an exciting calendar of events.
- Interact with external stakeholders including members of the community, community groups and businesses.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings and a Working with Children Check clearance.
Further Information: View the position description or call Kiaya Hacene, Producer Events, on (02) 9093 6782.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this position.
Please note: Council is currently recruiting two Events Coordinator roles (Events Production Coordinator and Events Programming Coordinator), if you would like to be considered for both, please complete a separate application for each role.