Electrical Trades Team Member
Closes: 29 Apr
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered day off schemes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Staff development and award programs
We have an opportunity for an organised, professional to participate in the delivery of electrical maintenance, repair and capital works associated with water and sewerage assets.
As Electrical Trades Team Member, you will perform inspections to monitor the performance and condition of Water and Sewerage electrical infrastructure and assist in verifying repairs performed by contractors.
In addition to this, you will also:
- Prepare equipment and materials requisitions
- Prepare draft reports
- Record inspection data on the asset management data base
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of BVSC’s asset management system
- Attend to enquiries and complaints from public, Councillors, other BVSC staff
We are seeking an individual who holds an electrotechnology trade qualification applicable to this role, a SafeWork NSW Construction Induction (White Card) and Current NSW Class C Drivers Licence.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Experience in maintenance, repair and installation of water and sewer mechanical electrical and electronic infrastructure
- Well-developed water and sewer electrical and electronic fault finding, analytical and investigative skills
- Satisfactory oral and written communication skills including detailed interpretation and explanation of plans, drawings and schedules
- Two (2) years’ recent relevant experience in the servicing of water and sewer electrical assets. (Indicative)
- Demonstrated ability in the use of a personal computer and the associated use of Microsoft software packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
This is a permanent full-time position working 38 hours per week. Remuneration is starting at $1414.50 per week, plus 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Steve Marshall, Water & Sewer Operations Superintendent on (02) 6499 2391.
Applications close 11.30pm AEST on 29 April 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.