Early Childhood Teachers and Educators
Closes: 01 Dec
Moree Plains Shire Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from Early Childhood Teachers and Educators to join the team at Gwydir Day Care and Preschool.
Opportunities are open for:
- Early Childhood Teachers (must hold a minimum qualification of a degree in Early Childhood Teaching or equivalent)
- Group Leaders (must hold a minimum qualification of a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care)
- Child Care Assistants (must hold a minimum qualification of Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care)
About the roles
Reporting to the director, you will be providing high-quality early childhood education and care for children, with a variety of placements and arrangements available depending on the position you are interested in. Some of the day-to-day duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Providing a consistent, nurturing, caring, happy, secure, creative and active environment for all children at Gwydir Day Care and Preschool;
- Adapting your approach to the individual needs of each child, taking into account any cultural, socio-economic, or other differences, treating each child with dignity and respect;
- Working with other staff towards continuous improvement in all areas of Gwydir Day Care and Preschool's Operations; and
- Developing strong relationships with Children and relationships that support and partner with families and the community.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020.
In addition to the minimum qualification requirements for each role you must also have a current NSW working with children check clearance and current First Aid Certificate.
How to apply
To apply, please visit www.mpsc.nsw.gov.au and address the selection criteria in the application below. All applications must be made online only.
To maximise your chance of gaining an interview for this position, it is important that you address the essential and desirable criteria. To find out more, please read Moree Plains Shire Council's guidelines & Checklist for job applicants.
Closing date for applications
Applications for positions will be reviewed on a regular basis.
For more information
Further information regarding the online application process may be obtained by contacting Council’s Human Resources Team on (02) 67 573 234 or via email email@example.com
Our commitment to safety
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to safety. A pre-employment health check and a three-month probationary period apply to all positions. All employees are subject to drug and alcohol screening at the pre-employment health screening and random testing will occur throughout the probationary period.
Council also has a generous incentive scheme and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.