Early Childhood Educator (Diploma)
Closes: 23 Jun
Georges River Council owns and operates seven children’s services across our LGA located at Beverley Hills, Carss Park, Hurstville, Kogarah, Penshurst, South Hurstville and a new purpose built service in Oatley West. Council’s Children’s Services educate and care for approximately 400 children with enrolments continuing to grow. We have a team who have been recognised for excellence in Environmental Programming and we are proud of our Reconciliation Action Plan which is developed in consultation with Aboriginal staff and community members.
Our educators take pride in their Early Childhood Education profession. We adhere to the guidelines, practices and regulations surrounding the National Quality Standards (NQS) and regularly review Quality Improvement Plans. Our services strive for excellence with two of our services receiving an overall exceeding rating by ACECQA. Our staff appreciate that we are a culturally diverse, united, supportive and social team. Our teams value and aim to create a positive, inclusive, motivated and collaborative work place culture.
There are many opportunities for both professional and skill development whilst employed at Georges River Council and opportunities for career progression either within or outside of Children’s Services. We have a range of roles in education, management, administration or food catering and current staff studying towards higher qualifications.
About the Opportunity
- Permanent, Full-Time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Salary from $61,866.57 - $71,681.79 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation (pro rata)
- Wellness perks including, eligibility for 9 day fortnight, free counselling, flu vaccinations, health-checks, gym subsidy and more
- Deliver innovative services that promote and support our community.
Georges River Council is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Early Childhood Educator (Diploma) to join our dynamic and busy Children's Service team.
The successful applicant is expected to be an active, engaged, be part of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to the community. This also includes but is not limited to the following:
- To provide a friendly, secure and stimulating learning environment for all children attending the Centre.
- To ensure care, safety and wellbeing of all children.
- To develop and implement educational programs which meet the developmental, cultural and additional needs of children in care as well as meeting compliance with legislative requirements.
- To create and promote a positive team approach to ensure a high quality education and care service.
- To provide support and information to families regarding the needs and developmental progress of their child(ren) and provide specialist information and advice in regard to particular areas of concern as requested or required by parents.
- Carry out the role of Responsible person within the service, taking on responsibility of being in day to day charge of the centres operations where required.
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description essential criteria, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Qualifications, Certificates & Licences
- Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent. (for the purposes of the Education and Care Services National Law, and published in accordance with regulation 137(1)(a) of the Education and Care Services National Regulations)
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Certificates.
- Approved current Working with Children Check (must be issued after 2013).
- NSW Department of Education and Communities approved Child Protection Training Certificate.
- Previous experience working with children 0-5 years of age, in a Childcare Centre setting.
- Sound oral communication skills and ability to relate well to children, parents, staff, volunteers and the community.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to provide role-modelling as appropriate.
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety requirements
- The ability to develop, document and implement an educational program for children.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Germaine Braun, Coordinator, Oatley West Early Learning Centre on (02) 9330 6064.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 June 2021 at 11:30pm AEST
Offers of employment are conditional on satisfactory pre-employment checks.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
Georges River Council is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.