Early Childhood Educator (Cert III)
Closes: 06 Aug
Division: Community & Belonging
Business Unit: Childrens Services
Title: Early Childhood Educator (Cert III), Permanent - Full-time Role, 38 hours per week
Salary Range: $57349.49 to $66649.7 per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Working within a team environment and reporting to the Children’s Services Director and Room Leader, the role of our Early Childhood Educator – Certificate III is to:
• Provide and promote a healthy, safe and enriching environment that provides high quality care and education for children aged between six weeks and six years in accordance with ACECQA (The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority), the National Quality Framework, Early Years Learning Framework, Code of Ethics and other relevant legislation and governing bodies, Service and Centre Philosophy, Policies and Procedures.
• Lead, manage, motivate and support a small team within the Children’s Centre
• Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the daily curriculum for children based on their interests
• Assist in the maintenance of developmental records and daily information concerning children’s activities
• Maintain and update records, including developmental observations, checklists and all daily information concerning children’s activities
• Keep your own and Centre’s administration up to date (including personal and parent sign-off sheets, medical certificates, overtime sheets)
• Create a clean, safe, supportive, stimulating environment for the children, parents and staff
• Maintain supplies and equipment levels for the room and / or centre
• Ensure that equipment is respected and maintained to an optimal level of safety
• Take responsibility for the cleanliness and hygiene of the centre, and in setting up and cleaning after daily activities, in compliance with procedures and policies
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Brenda Bambridge on 02 8495 5046 during business hours
- Applications close on 05/08/2021