Disability Services Support Worker
Closes: 31 May
Weekly Hours: Casual/On-Call
Hourly Rate: Grade 4 - $34.78 - $37.92
Grade 3 - $33.11 - $36.09
(Plus allowances and superannuation)
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
Do you have a genuine interest in and commitment to the well-being and inclusion of people with disabilities?
Are you committed to providing quality support and care for people with a broad range of needs?
We're currently looking for professional, passionate and positive people to join our team as casual Disability Services Support Workers!
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
In these roles you will be responsible for providing residential care and support (including personal care) to adults with disability in a community based residential setting, individual support to adults with disability living in residential care with social recreational, domestic and community based activities and support and assistance with a range of recreational programs for teenagers with disability.
Sound like you?
These can be physically demanding roles but are also positive and rewarding and to be successful you'll need demonstrated experience supporting and caring for people with a broad range of support needs relating to disability.
You'll be someone who is empathetic and caring by nature;
Someone who is passionate about the support and well being of people with disability;
Someone who has excellent communication, problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
Someone who can work well under pressure, work well alone but is also an active contributor to their team
What you'll need:
You'll need to have:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (or equivalent),
- Current Provide First Aid certificate
- NSW Working with Children Check Clearance (or ability to obtain before starting)
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Ability to satisfactorily complete a Criminal Background check.
Other details relating to this position are:
- The Grade applicable to these positions is dependent on the Service you are working in
- The Grade for a Disability Support Worker (Anson St OSHC) is Grade 3
- The Grade for a Disability Support Worker (Residential Services) is Grade 4
If you are interested, please click Apply. There are screening questions that must be answered to apply for the position. You can also save and return to your job application at any time prior to the closing date.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact email@example.com or telephone Melanie Keen on (02) 6393 8965.
Applications close Sunday 30 May 2021
- Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.