Closes: 29 Sep
A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including, libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens & town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff these may include;
- Rostered Day Off Schemes
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Staff Development and Award programs
- Parental and Maternity Leave
- Salary Packaging
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to assess the impact of development on BVSC’s public infrastructure by ensuring infrastructure and assets are designed, approved and constructed in accordance with required standards.
As the Development Engineer, you will provide technical engineering advice and assess engineering referrals for development applications in order to recommend appropriate conditions of consent. You will attend to and respond to enquiries whilst also providing instructions to contractors and assisting the Senior Development Engineer.
We are seeking an individual who holds an Advanced Diploma-level (or higher) qualification in a related discipline and has a minimum of three (3) years’ relevant related experience (indicative).
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of legislation relating to engineering aspects of planning laws, related Local Government legislation, the Roads Act, survey practice and BVSC policies and procedures.
- Experience in the inspection and certification of civil works or extensive experience in the construction of civil works.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise effectively with customers.
- Advanced computer skills including in the operation of MS Office programs, engineering and mapping software applications.
- NSW Work Health and Safety General Construction Induction (White Card)
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week. Remuneration is $1587.30 per week as per the Local Government (State) Award 2020, plus 10% employer superannuation contribution and 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance.
To view the position description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Jamie Pickett - Senior Development Engineer on 0437 967 270.
Applications close 11.30pm AEST on 29 September 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.