Community Services Worker – Orana Living
Closes: 30 Sep
About Gilgandra Shire Council
Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
About the position
To provide direct support to persons with a disability with their daily activities and development of independent living skills and goals. To positively participate in the coordination of the day to day operation of a supported residential unit and life skills centre in accordance with Orana Living's aims, objectives, policies, and procedures and legislative requirements, and provide support to the Management group and positive working conditions for other staff.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence Class C / or Current Class C Provisional Licence
- Empathy for working with and for people with a disability
Other Essential Criteria
- Certificate III Community Services Disabilities (Aged Care or Home Care) or commitment to obtain within 12 months of appointment
- Ability to understand and commit to the day to day needs of persons with an intellectual and physical disability.
Salary: $34.33 per hour
Enquiries: Janelle Lummis at Orana Living or the HR Department on 02 6817 8800
How to apply:
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
Please click here to view the full Position Description
All correspondence will be via the email you have provided in your application.
Should you be shortlisted for interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening process as part of the selection process:
- A functional assessment (at Council's expense) including hearing and drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks from your 2 work related referees
- Criminal Record Check
- Any other additional screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualification
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND BE PREPARED WITH YOUR RESUME READY TO UPLOAD WHEN YOU COMMENCE THE PROCESS.