Community Care Workers
Closes: 30 Sep
- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Join a dynamic team to help shape the future of a growing community
- Casual opportunities
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
Golden Plains Shire Council provides personal care and other home support services that assist people to live independently at home for longer. Council also provides information, activities, community facilities and subsidies to assist residents' well-being and participation in community life.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your experience and skills to an enthusiastic and committed Team and work around your current commitments for these casual roles
To be successful in this role, you will be a highly motivated and passionate Community Care professional who has a commitment to assisting people to live independently at home for longer.
We are also looking for someone who can:
- Provide or assist consumers with domestic tasks such as cleaning, cooking, transport, washing, ironing, vacuuming, meal planning, meal preparation and assisting with purchase of groceries etc;
- As required, assist in the personal care of consumers such as showering, dressing, assistance with self care, monitoring of medication etc;
- Provide in home respite for carers of Home and Community Care consumers. This may include after hours on weekdays and weekend care as required;
- Work to plan for each consumer under the direction of the Active Ageing & Inclusion Service Provision Officer;
- Comply with National, State and Local standards or guidelines pertaining to the delivery of home & community care services.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please review the position description, via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
For more information, you can contact Melanie Linguey, Service Provision Officer on (03) 5220 7267.
Applications for this role must include a short resume and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria (no cover letter). Please state in the first question which position you are interested in, i.e. casual or 15 hours per week.
Only applications submitted via Council’s website will be considered. Applications submitted via Seek will not be assessed.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.