Closes: 03 Dec
Civil Technician - Operations
There has been a refocus of Councils Operations to assist with a rapidly growing city and consequently, exciting new opportunities in leadership have become available.
The Operations team has recently undergone significant change and is looking for a Civil Technician in the Civil Works section to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community, through our ongoing commitment to deliver a range of services and programs.
We are not your usual, we are upbeat, resourceful and determined. Our staff and community are at the core of what we do, looking for ways to work together and support each other. Naturally welcoming, we share good-natured humour and positivity. We aim to inspire a sense of possibility and create opportunities for all by rolling up our sleeves. Our workplace is agile and flexible, keeping ahead of the times. Be a part of it, let’s get something started
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a City surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good.
About the role:
The Operations team is responsible for the construction, maintenance and care of Councils assets involving roads, drainage, footpaths, signs, maintenance of sporting fields, parks and reserves, waste collection and garden maintenance
As a Civil technician you will provide direction, leadership and accountability to the Civil Works team:
- Actively supporting the Civil Works team to provide exceptional levels of service.
- Demonstrate knowledge in a Civil Construction role, to assist the team to deliver customer expectations.
- Confidently liaise with residents, community members, Council Contractors and other internal staff.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Construction and or Civil Maintenance related field
- Working ability to use Excel, Word, Outlook, mobile device platforms, online based applications, customer request tools.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills.
- Construction Induction Certificate (White card)
- High level awareness of WHS, environmental and risk identification aspects related to this type of position and work.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team and maintain a harmonious working environment.
- Class C Drivers Licence
As a member of our friendly and passionate team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Permanent full-time, 38 hours per week
- Salary from $1190.30 per week + 9.5% superannuation
- RDO fortnightly
- Generous leave provisions
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
Key contact: For further information on this position, please contact Scott Anderson, Coordinator Civil Works on 4645 4281.
Applications close: Wednesday 2 December, 2020.
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.