Civil Engineering Cadet x 2
Closes: 04 Oct
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Civil Engineering Cadet
Cadetship up to 5 years
2 opportunities available
Salary from $1,141.66 per week plus superannuation
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
Recruitment No. 21112
Are you currently studying Civil Engineering and want to gain practical experience while you learn? We have the perfect career opportunity for you!
Our Civil Engineers work in asset management, construction management and various areas of design including structural, civil, and geotechnical. Some also work in strategic planning in traffic, floodplain, stormwater and development.
As a Civil Engineering Cadet, you will work with qualified engineers in diverse teams to develop innovative solutions across a wide range of civil and structural construction projects throughout our City. Some of these major works include roads, and bridges associated with the West Dapto Land Release, the City’s Waste and Resource Recovery Facilities, and the Wollongong coastline Grand Pacific Walk.
This is an opportunity for someone who has completed their first year of a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) and is willing to complete their degree at the University of Wollongong. Alongside your university studies, you will gain valuable work experience across a range of different teams and receive ongoing support and guidance to jump start a rewarding role in Local Government.
We are looking for someone who…
- Has completed one year of a Civil Engineering degree and is eligible in 2022 to enter the second year of the Bachelor of Civil Engineering at University of Wollongong.
- Has a genuine interest in local government engineering
- Is reliable and self-motivated to take responsibility for their own development needs and learning
- Can adapt to and work effectively within a variety of changing situations
- Will seek and accept constructive advice from mentors and more experienced colleagues
- Has organisational skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Has an understanding of Work Health and Safety principles
- Holds a current P1 drivers licence or higher to attend site inspections
If this sounds like YOU, we encourage you to apply!
For this role you are required to upload a current resume and complete a Selection Criteria Questionnaire which can be found HERE
For more information including HOW TO APPLY please refer to the information pack below.
Please contact Learning and Capability Team on (02) 4227 8694.
Questions regarding submitting your application online please contact our Recruitment Team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday 4 October 2021
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg potentially online interviews.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.