Casual Community Care Workers – Eligibility List
Closes: 26 Oct
Department: Warrumbungle Community Services
Reports to: Supervisor Warrumbungle Community Care
Grade: 4, $26.51 per hour + 25% casual loading
Please note this position will remain open until sufficient applications are received
At Warrumbungle Shire Council we offer a broad variety of jobs with a range of benefits and career development opportunities within Local Government. Our scenic location, amongst friendly country communities, provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
At Warrumbungle Community Care, 'we care like family'. We pride ourselves on our dedication to clients and our reputation as the ultimate choice in Home Care Packages. We recognise that many older people desire to live as independently as they choose, and we are here to make those needs and goals our priority.
Warrumbungle Shire Council is an EEO Employer and our vision is Excellence in Local Government. We are committed to our staff and pride ourselves on the services we provide to our communities.
Purpose of the Position
Warrumbungle Community Care (WCC) is funded to provide a broad range of home and community care services to support older people, people with disabilities and their carers. These services are funded through multiple service agreements and supplemented through user fees.
Community Care Workers provide direct care to Service Users who are frail aged, people with disabilities and their carers. Support Care enables the Service User to remain in their own home. This service is for the use of Home Care Package and/or NDIS package holders, who have been deemed eligible by the government. The service will be provided in the Service User’s own home or the Service User may be taken on an outing.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct.
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to:
- a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace
- compliance with Council and legislative requirements.
- A strong commitment to working with frail, aged people and younger people with disabilities and their carers.
- AIN Certificate or Certificate III Aged Care or equivalent relevant qualification (eg Disabilities Certificate)
- Ability to work in the service user’s home without supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Current Class C driver’s licence and own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Current First Aid Certificate
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Previous experience in working with aged people, people with disabilities and their carers/families
- Cleaning certificate or experience to a high standard
- Knowledge of Food Safety Regulations.
Applicants should note that criminal history checks, as well as alcohol and drug testing, are conditions of employment.
This position will remain open until sufficient applications are received.
For enquiries, please contact Deanne Britton on 6849 2200.
How to apply
- Scroll down and complete the fields below. Note: Fields marked with a red asterisk* are mandatory.
- Click ‘Next’
- Attach your resume, covering letter and copies of your qualifications
- Click ‘Next’
- Review your application and click ‘Confirm’ to submit your completed application
You will receive an email acknowledgement to confirm receipt of your application. You will receive email notifications regarding the status of your application. It is important that you regularly check your email to ensure you do not miss any notifications from Council.