Business Systems Analyst Cadet
Closes: 04 Oct
Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
Business Systems Analyst Cadet
Cadetship up to 4 years
Salary from $1,141.66 per week plus superannuation
Bachelor of Business Information Systems
Recruitment No: 21113
Are you currently studying an IT or Business degree at Uni and looking to launch your career?
Our Business Systems Analyst cadetship is a unique opportunity to apply the concepts and theory you are learning at university, to real world problems in a professional environment. You will be part of our Information Management and Technology and Finance teams which deliver solutions to our business and achieve exceptional outcomes for Council and our community.
You will have flexibility with your university timetable and have the support of mentors, supervisors, and fellow cadets. You will also participate in specialised placements whilst gaining practical experience within the Information Management and Technology and Finance teams.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has completed their first year of either Business, Accounting, Information Technology, Business Systems or related degree. Alongside your university studies, you will gain valuable work experience across a range of different teams and receive ongoing support and guidance to jump start a rewarding role in Local Government.
We are looking for someone who…
- Has completed one year of a relevant degree and in eligible in 2022 to enter the second year of the Bachelor of Business Information Systems at the University of Wollongong
- Is naturally inquisitive with good analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot while under pressure
- Has appropriate language, literacy, numeracy and digital literacy skills to manage the educational and professional requirements of the cadetship
- Is reliable and self-motivated to take responsibility for their own development and learning
- Can adapt to and work effectively within a variety of changing situations
- Will seek and accept constructive advice from mentors and more experienced colleagues
- Has organisational skills with the ability to work as part of a team
If this sounds like YOU, we encourage you to apply!
For this role you are required to upload a current resume and complete a Selection Criteria Questionnaire which can be found HERE
For more information including HOW TO APPLY please refer to the information pack below.
Please contact Learning and Capability Team on (02) 4227 8694.
Questions regarding submitting your application online please contact our Recruitment Team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday 4 October 2021
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders eg potentially online interviews.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.