Business System Analyst
Closes: 02 May
Wagga Wagga City Council has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join our Information and Communications Technology team!
- Commencing salary of $3,039.68 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $3,647.62 gpf + superannuation;
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement;
- Generous leave entitlements;
- Varied and challenging projects with scope to innovate and create;
- Dedicated and supportive team environment; and
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
Your new role:
The Business System Analyst position is responsible for the defining and communicating business system enhancements and providing Information and Communications Technology (ICT) project management services to facilitate the efficient and effective delivery of Council services to the community.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide business analysis expertise to identify technology related enhancements and opportunities, with a particular focus on continuous improvement.
- Liaise with business areas to ensure business requirements are understood, documented, and implemented within corporate systems.
- Assist with the design, testing, operating, and improving of ICT services utilising ITIL best practice frameworks.
- Assist the Corporate Applications Coordinator in managing key business system improvement projects.
What you will need to succeed:
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or experience relevant to the role e.g. Information Technology, Business Analysis, Change Management
- Demonstrated Project Management experience and/or qualifications, particularly in the delivery of ICT projects, and an understanding of general project methodologies and principles.
- High-level proficiency in the use of various software packages and related systems, with experience in asset management, financial, property & rating, document management, corporate planning or payroll systems highly regarded.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing Focus Questions – Maximum three pages (a template has been provided below for use within applications).
- One of the key responsibilities of this role is to manage complex and high profile Corporate IT Application projects. Can you please outline your experience and skills in managing projects of this nature, including relevant examples?
- Translating business needs into system requirements is a critical skill to ensure solutions developed and implemented meet the needs of the organisation. Can you please explain the process you follow to gather and translate business requirements for major system projects?
- Can you please outline your experience with supporting and developing medium to large-scale ERP solutions, particularly those that relate to Local Government organisations?
What is next?
Applications close at 11.59pm on Sunday, 2 May 2021 with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 10 May 2021.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Reece Hamblin – (02) 6926 9243.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://recruit.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs/
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.