Closes: 21 May
- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Fixed Term until June 2022
- Part time – 15.2 hours per week
We’re not your average council
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, and is located only a 70 minute drive from the Melbourne CBD. With a population of 23,722 people, Golden Plains Shire is one of Victoria’s fastest-growing rural councils encompassing 16 townships and 56 communities.
We’re not looking for an average candidate
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Active Ageing & Inclusion Services team who work with, and on behalf of the community to deliver on Council’s vision of being a healthy, safe, vibrant, prosperous and sustainable community.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Facilitate My Aged Care (MAC) client registrations; conduct holistic Home Support Assessments (HSA), Reassessments or reviews for clients within Golden Plains Shire, in line with the plan of the Active Service Model (ASM) wellness and reablement approach;
- Coordinate inbound referrals or other service requests including referrals to the Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP program), conduct Initial Needs Assessments and prepare for allocation at the weekly intake meeting;
- Ensure the provision of a consistently high standard of customer service to clients and community care workers;
- Assist and support the Coordinator Active Ageing and Inclusion, in the implementation of the Active Service Model (ASM) principles and other relevant requirements of the funding bodies;
- Ensure equitable access to assessment services for all people requesting assessment.
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a growing community.
- A Fixed Term permanent role – 15.2 hours per week until 30 June 2022
- Band 5 salary level (starting at $70,054 per annum pro rata) plus superannuation.
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- A new corporate office space with free onsite parking
- Modern IT landscape
Interested in Applying for this role?
We are now accepting applications via our careers website.
For further information about the role please refer to the position description, or for a confidential discussion contact Hiring Manager, Leanne Green Manager Active Ageing & Inclusion Services on (03) 5220 7160.
A copy of the position description can be found here.
Please submit your application consisting of your response to the Key Selection Criteria, a cover letter and a recent resume. Applications close 9.00 am on Friday 21 May 2021.
We are committed to responding to every job applicant.