Closes: 03 Dec
- Join an innovative and creative team
- Commitment to training and professional development
- Good work/life balance
An outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to contribute to Application Management activities to maximise the capacity of the organisation and position Council to meet the needs of the community.
Council’s IT systems are based on a hybrid cloud/datacentre approach. Council uses Azure, O365, VMWare, Veeam, SQL Server and Windows Server, running over a Cisco network and a variety of remote working solutions. Telephony is currently Cisco but is transitioning to Microsoft Teams. Enterprise applications include TechnologyOne Financials, Pathway Property and Rating, Content Manager/TRIM, and several departmental specific solutions. The ideal candidate would have a broad knowledge of server administration and be able to quickly learn a new application.
In addition to rewarding work, we offer great employee benefits including competitive salaries, flexible working hours, participation in a 9-day fortnight, additional leave entitlements, health and wellbeing days, professional development opportunities, option to novate lease a private vehicle and much more.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
Things you will do:
- Service Design – the design of new and upgraded applications and infrastructure to support customer requirements, while complying with standards and delivered in a sustainable manner.
- Service Transition - transitioning new and changed services into live Council service operation including change enablement, deployment, issues management and customer support.
- Service Operation - the management of the day-to-day operation of the IM&T services for assigned caseload and applications, including identification of opportunities for improvement.
The successful applicant will require:
- Experience working in an application, networking, or server infrastructure environment at an organisational level.
- Experience in application lifecycle management activities including implementation, configuration, operation, maintenance, optimisation, upgrade and transition out of use.
- Experience in service transition activities including change, release, and deployment.
- Ability to manage a caseload of operational support within agreed service levels, including incident management, problem management, and service request management.
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders, providing advice support in the use of applications.
- Experience in consulting and sharing information with customers and technical staff, sharing own expertise and work collaboratively to achieve Council outcomes.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Emotional intelligence and a proven ability to work collaboratively and foster effective strategic relationships with people at all levels both internally and externally.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description or contact Ninos Khamo, Coordinator Applications Management, on 02 9093 6523.
NOTE: Applicants should include two documents in their application, (1) a recent resume and (2) a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for the position.