Swim Instructors (In Training) x 20
Closes: 09 Dec
- Various locations across Canterbury Bankstown
- Opportunity to become a fully qualified Swim Instructor
- Work for an employer of choice!
At CBCity, we are looking for committed people with a passion for making a difference in the community. In this case, teaching people the all-important life skill of swimming!
We are looking to recruit people who love working in a team, love providing a high-quality customer experience and who’s values are aligned with ours, to become Swim School Instructors within our multi-venue program.
No experience or Qualifications? No worries! We are providing a rare opportunity for you to be trained in a new qualification and we will foot the bill.
Our CB Swim School Instructor Academy will allow you to become a fully qualified, and trained Swim School Instructor. Upon completion of your training and being assessed as fully accredited, you will then join our team and become one of our dedicated swim school team members.
All of this whilst being paid and learning a new qualification. Sound like the opportunity you have been looking for?
Council has multiple casual positions available which may suit your busy schedule:
The types of shifts you can expect are as follows:
Monday to Friday schools’ program - 9.00am to 2.30pm
Morning Shifts 7.00am to 12.00pm
Afternoon Shifts 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Weekend Shifts 8.00 am to 12.30 pm (penalty rates apply)
Once you have earnt your qualifications the primary purpose of your role will be to deliver high quality Learn to Swim classes to the Community of Canterbury Bankstown.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $16.38 -$19.16 per hour + 25% casual loading + 10% super (dependant on age). Once you have met the course requirements and CB city agrees to move you to a fully qualified casual swim instructor position, your hourly rate will increase to $27.62 per hour + 25% casual loading + 10% super
Accountabilities for this role once you have completed your training
- Effectively deliver instruction of Learn to Swim classes to program participants
- Deliver lessons in line with Council’s Swim School Instructor Manual
- Deliver lessons in line with the Leisure & Aquatic Services Unit Customer Service Charter and Council’s organisational Vision and Values
- Set up and pack up all equipment in a timely and safe manner
- Attend and actively participate in Council’s in-service training sessions and meetings
- Actively participate in the consultation process of Council’s Swim School program and operations
- Commit to shifts on a termly basis
- Any other duties as requested by the Aquatics Leadership Team in line with skills and experience
- Willingness to learn and become proficient as a fully accredited swim school instructor
- Be a proficient swimmer up to 25 meters
- Demonstrated ability to put your newly learned qualification and training into training and developing children in the effective instruction of Swim School classes
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in a demanding work environment
- Experience dealing with customer enquiries and complaints
- Sound time management and organisational ability
- The ability to work flexible hours
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures
- The ability to prepare daily lesson plans
This position involves working with children. As per the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, a Working with Children Check identity number with clearance will be required for an application to be considered for this position. Applicants under the age of 18 years are not required to obtain one. For more information visit www.kids.nsw.gov.au.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the 'Apply' button below and creating a login using your email address. When submitting your application, make sure to address the Essential Criteria mentioned in the below Position Description in your covering letter.
For more information, please contact Ellisa Mamas (Coordinator Leisure and Wellness Programs) on 0409 628 499.
Canterbury Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all team members and other workers. Our COVIDsafe Workplace Policy requires all team members to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Canterbury Bankstown Council.
Please follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/city-of-canterbury-bankstown