Closes: 12 Oct
- Temporary Full Time Opportunity (2 years)
- Fantastic learning opportunity
- Flexible work practises
A rewarding opportunity has become available for a talented and motivated individual to be a part of our Trainee, Apprentice and Graduate Program as a Graduate Accountant.
You will be responsible for providing efficient and effective accounting support to the organisation and assist with the development, control and management of Council’s management and financial accounting functions.
The opportunity will be offered on Temporary Full-Time basis (up to 2 years) and will commence early 2022.
Some of your duties will include:
• Assist maintaining the completeness, accuracy, reconciliation, reliability and integrity of Councils financial ledgers
• Assist in delivering Council’s cash management, treasury and banking functions and maintenance of cash reserves
• Assist the preparation and timely lodgement of all statutory returns, reports and reconciliations
• Assist in the preparation of Council's Annual Budget
• Provide support in the financial performance reporting for Council
• Process general ledger journals
• Assist with the maintenance and data integrity of the asset register
• Undertake research and analysis on special projects
• Provide advice on system and workflow problems and analyse and recommend actions for improvement / solutions.
• Provide support to other areas within the Finance Unit
• Assist as required with internal and external audit engagements
• Undertake other duties as requested by the Team Leader Financial Processes
You will have:
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce, Business or Finance
• Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a team environment
• A high level of computer literacy and the ability to quickly learn how to operate and apply computer applications. Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills.
• Ability to adapt and demonstrated willingness to embrace changes
• Demonstrated understanding of finance, accounting, budgeting and statutory financial reporting.
• Well-developed communications and inter-personal skills
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $63,205 (Grade D, Step1) + 10% super
Click on the link below to access salary information for all steps within the designated Grade
How to apply:
You can submit your application by clicking the “Apply Now” button and creating a login using your email address.
When submitting your application, make sure to address the essential criteria mentioned in the position description in your covering letter.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Criminal History Check and preemployment medical in accordance with the position.
Applications close at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, 12 October 2021.
For more information, please contact Ranka Vlahovic (Coordinator Financial Operations) on 02 9707 9668.