Graduate Environmental Health Officer
Closes: 14 Oct
- Temporary Full Time Opportunity (2 years)
- Bankstown Location
- Work for an Employer of Choice!
A rewarding opportunity has become available for a talented and motivated individual to be a part of our Trainee, Apprentice and Graduate Program as a Graduate Environmental Health Officer. This opportunity will see you achieving quality outcomes alongside a team of focused Environmental Health professionals.
The opportunity will be offered on Temporary Full-Time basis (up to 2 years) and will commence early 2022
Some of your duties will include:
- Carry out regular inspections, respond to customer requests and undertake all necessary action to ensure public health and safety is maintained
- Assist with the implementation of educational program
- Carry out inspections of regulated premises
- Report on public health and/or safety matters
- Investigate environmental issues
- Assist in major pollution incidents
- Assist with the assessment of Development Applications with respect to contaminated land/environmental management matters
- Attend and represent Council at various formal meetings such as community meetings, Joint Regional Planning Panel sessions and meetings with applicants/owners.
- Prepare reports and response to correspondence as required on behalf of Team Leader or Manager.
*Please refer to the position description for a full list of duties
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health or equivalent as accredited by Environmental Health Australia or nearing completion thereof.
- Class C driver’s licence.
- Knowledge of relevant Acts and statutory controls.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Local Government Act, Food Act, Protection of the Environment Operations Act, Contaminated Land Management Act and Public Health Act.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service experience
- A high level of attention to detail