Media & Marketing Specialist
Posted: 31 Jul
Closes: 16 Aug
Closes: 16 Aug
Bankstown, New South Wales
- Temporary full time opportunity (up to August 2021)
- 35 Hour Week
- Bankstown Location
A rewarding opportunity has presented itself for a dedicated and driven individual to join our Communication unit as a Media and Marketing Specialist.
This opportunity will see you providing strategic media advice as well as marketing the services and initiatives we provide to targeted stakeholders using external media platforms.
This opportunity will be offered on a Temporary full time basis (up to August 2021)
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $90,132 (Grade H, Step1) + 9.5% super
Your duties in this role will include:
- Provide strategic media advice to internal customers to ensure Council maximises promotion opportunities
- Research, develop and respond to all media enquires in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships with media and internal customers
- Keep internal customers informed on media issues relevant to their business
- Proactively identify the external media channels and platforms
- Manage the coordination of the content for all external media channels, including writing and editing content for media release, articles, interviews and ads
- Collaborate across the unit to jointly deliver and contribute to development and implementation of communications plans
- Attend monthly Council Meetings, and Councillor Briefings as required.
- Constantly review and evaluate media monitoring, tracking and reporting processes and internal communication systems
- Maintain a high level of awareness of political sensitivities and confidential items
- Organise media briefings, photo opportunities and media conferences
*For a full list of duties, please refer to the position description.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in journalism, media, communications, public relations or relevant disciplines.
- At least five years’ experience in media and at least three years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of multi-channel media, networks and other communication/engagement mediums
- High proficiency in a range of writing styles that meet the needs of different audiences, including media releases and responses, interview briefs and talking points and content for a range of media platforms
- Proven ability to translate complex issues into plain English that meets the needs of the target audience
- Previous experience in developing engaging and inspiring content
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain strong relationships, trusts and rapport with people from across the organisation and the media
- Ability to produce work of a high quality within established timeframes and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
What’s in it for you?
- Access to health and wellbeing programs
- Access to further training and development
- 2019 Employer of Choice! – work for an award-winning organisation that will truly value your input
How to apply:
You can submit your application by clicking the “Apply Now” button and creating a login using your email address.
When submitting your application, make sure to address the essential criteria mentioned in the position description in your covering letter.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close at 11:59 pm on Sunday 16 August 2020.
For more information, please contact Daniela Santucci (Manager Communications) on or 0411 418 020.