10085 – Coordinator Financial Accounting
Closes: 26 Oct
Position No: 10085
Salary: $96,841.95 – $117,887.75+ superannuation (Stream A Level 7-8)
If you have the ambition, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to succeed and lead a high performing accounting team.
Central Highlands Regional Council is focused on continuous improvement and investing in its people. As a result, we are looking for an experienced Accountant who enjoys managing a dynamic team to deliver financial services advice to diverse and multi-faceted business units.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position is the expert in financial reporting, budgeting and interpreting and applying accounting standards. Additionally, you will have strong taxation and treasury experience, and able to lead council’s statutory reporting requirements and associated external audit process.
You will be joining a team of committed professionals who are passionate about service delivery. Working with us, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage all financial legislative reporting
- Assist with council’s budgeting processes
- Manage taxation and compliance requirements in accordance with relevant legislation
- Coordinate and develop processes to ensure effective internal controls
- Build positive and effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Mentor and lead a team of accountants
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to possess:
- Experience in preparing general purpose financial statements and managing audit processes
- Experience in budget development
- Experience in taxation
- Extensive experience in a financial or management accounting role within a similar role or local government
- A proven ability to interpret and apply accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Business, or equivalent fields. CA or CPA qualified is preferred
- Exceptional communication and report writing skills, with the confidence and capability to present complex information to internal stakeholders
- Advanced software and systems skills to document, analyse data, and report appropriately
If you are interested in joining a leadership team who are responsible for driving positive change, then we’d like to hear from you.
Working for Central Highlands Region has its benefits.
- A generous superannuation scheme – up to 18.5% for employees contributing 6% (conditions apply)
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Corporate uniform allocation
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- A 19 day month work cycle
To apply for this position:
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Please download and review the position description.
To be considered for this position, please include the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for applying for this position and why you think you are the best applicant for the role
- Your resume detailing your career history relevant for this position.
Applicants who meet the mandatory requirements listed in the position description will be sent a video assessment to complete prior to the advertising closing date.
Please note our recruitment process includes the following pre-employment checks:
To be appointed to a position within the Central Highlands Regional Council, you must be an Australian citizen, or have permanent residency status, or hold a visa permitting you to work in Australia permanently.
The pre-employment checks relevant to this position include:
- Right to Work in Australia
- Medical assessment including drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks
- Qualification check
- Criminal History check
For a confidential discussion, please contact the recruitment team on 1300 242 686 or register your application by submitting your cover letter and resume.
Application Close: 8am 9 August 2021